1. Kale - This dark leafy green has soaring levels of vitamin C, vitamin K and beta-carotene. A handful is plenty. Make sure to add some fresh or frozen berries to temper their natural bitterness.
2. Hemp seeds - High in protein, (10 grams in 3 tablespoons). Hemp is an excellent source of heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids and they will give your shake a wonderful nutty flavor.
3. Ricotta cheese - High in whey protein, which is excellent for muscle building, a great add-in for those post-workouts. 1/2 cup is recommended.
4. Matcha - A powder from green tea leaves has up to 137 times more antioxidant firepower than traditional tea. Look for it at most tea shops or www.matchasource.com. 1 teaspoon per shake.
5. Avocado - Half of a ripe avocado will really thicken your shake as well as add an abundance of monounsaturated fat, which aids in fat burning as well as vitamin C.
Add some vitality to your shakes as well as yourself. Step outside of the box and experience something new.
Live well. Love life.