1. Fatigue-If you have suffered from fatigue for over 2 weeks, it could be due to a medical condition-anemia, underactive thyroid, heart disease, depression or hepatitis. Schedule an appointment with your doctor immediately.
2. Unexplained weight loss-If your eating habits are the same and you have not incorporated exercise into your lifestyle, yet you dropped 10 lbs. it might very well be diabetes, overactive thyroid or cancer. See you doctor immediately!
3. Lump in your neck-If the lump in your neck exceeds an inch in length or has lasted more than 2 weeks it could be a hidden malignancy or beginning signs of Hodgkin's disease. See your doctor immediately!!
4. Seeing spots-"What are those specks I keep seeing?" Well they could be symptoms of a detached retina. Schedule an appointment with your eye doctor ASAP.
5. Fainting-Also known as syncope, fainting could be a result of high blood sugar levels, severe dehydration, anemia, or serious heart irregularities such as arrhythmia's. Don't wait till its too late. See your doctor immediately.
6. Blood in urine-Often due to a bladder infection but could also be a sign of cancer. Catch it early by seeing your doctor.
7. Numbness and weakness in hand or arm-Don't think this is just another carpal tunnel issue. It could be a transient ischemic attack, "a red light warning signal of a stroke."
8. Back pain-a chronic back ache may be more than just you think. It could be a symptom of kidney disease, blood borne infection or an aortic aneurysm.
9. Lower leg pain-schedule an appointment with your doctor if you keep having pain in your calf after a long trip, airplane ride or a period of bed rest. It might be a symptom of a blood clot, which can be fatal if it travels to your lungs.
I am here to help. If you have any of these symptoms please listen to your body and seek appropriate help.